by Victor M. Eskew
God has created us in His image. We are fearfully and wonderfully made. As marvelous as our bodies are, they will only last a short time here.
While we are on the earth, we need to take care of ourselves: physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
1. Others cannot do it for us. They can desire it, but cannot do it.
2. If we don’t we may regret it. So many wish they could do things differently, but they cannot.
3. Once we start taking care of self, it becomes as much a habit as neglecting self.
4. To take care of one’s self only takes a few adjustments: better diet, exercise, giving up bad habits, vitamins, regular check ups, etc.
5. People in your life need you to take care of yourself.
6. Taking care of self helps you to serve God better.
7. Nobody ever regretted taking care of self.
We can make all the excuses in the world for not taking care of ourselves, but these will never justify our bad decision. Sicknesses, diseases, aches and pains, sadness, depression, less energy, less enjoyment of loved ones, and a shorter life invalidate all of our excuses.
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. Remember: THERE IS JUST ONE OF YOU.